Powered By Blogger

Sunday 2 October 2011

'O' where to go?

A very quickly put together blog today as I am very limited for time.
I just wanted to show you where I went this afternoon, on this glorious, hot, sunny, Sunday afternoon.
I went for a lovely drive in the countryside, just 13 minutes from home, to Otterhead Lakes.
If you live in the area and have not been you'll have to pay this gorgeous place a visit!  Its in Otterford, near Churchinford.




















Its somewhere I had not heard of until the other day, a friend mentioned that he and his wife had spent a lovely hour or so there.  I decided I would pay it a visit for my letter 'O'.

Before I went I printed off a walk from the internet, produced by the Otterhead Lakes Local Nature Reserve and that was very helpful and informative as I walked around the lakes and surrounding woodland. The trail was 1.3 miles, a nice Sunday afternoon stroll!





The trail led through some beautiful woodlands and open spaces with stunning views.

Here are some of those views with a few pictures of my favourite at the end (black swans and a gorgeous, fluffy baby black swan cygnet!) I managed to get some good shots, just as I was leaving to go back to the car. They had been far off in the distance but it seemed they came to bid me farewell!












No comments:

Post a Comment